GATE 2020– Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is meant to be GATE 2020 Exam. This is a national level examination that offers admission in Masters & direct doctoral programmers in the field of engineering/technology/architecture and doctoral program in available branches of science. The exam is every year organizes by one of IITs & IISc, Bangalore on a rotation basis. You have to look at the below order where we place in summary details regarding exam related events such as application form, eligibility criteria, application fee, important dates, and huge more things as needed to know before the examination. There will be pre & post examination so on both of them we listed all details as regulated officially.
GATE 2020 Notification
In available order, everyone just needed to do one thing that is as we know notification will be announced so instead of important dates all information is available here. You can see also the GATE 2020 notification whenever declares officially. That declaration makes clear all points so everyone can wait for that because it takes time in the announcement. The dates for respective activity will be marked in the below table and they will be taken from respective months as well. The process has been beginning for this graduation level examination so we hope in the coming days to make sure complete details of this examination.
GATE 2020 Dates
|GATE 2020 Application availability||–|
|Closing date of availability||–|
|Last date to make change your exam city center||–|
|Admit card available||–|
|GATE Aptitude Test||—|
|Answer key availability||After examination within a week|
The registration regarding points is available in the below guideline. Make sure there is an online registration facility. You have to complete your registration between the starting and last dates as detailed. Candidates would be assured that this one is the starting step to take some sense about participate in this examination.
- You can be registered and fill the application form through online mode by using the official website
- You need to upload the scanned file of photograph & signature as well where to photograph maximum size is 480×640 pixels and minimum size will be 240×320 pixels and Dimension is 3.5 cms x 4.5 cms as well and signature maximum size is 160×560 and the minimum size is 80×280 pixels & dimension 2cms x 7 cms.
- Candidates make sure to upload all required documentation including a certificate of qualifying degree as well
- On registration time you get the option to choose three exam center cities so make sure to do this task according to your interest
- You have to fill in available block your ID number like Aadhaar Card, DL, Passport, PAN Card & Voter ID as well.
- Now check all details carefully and see they are filled in decorated order
- You can take its hard copy and make sure don’t need to send its hard copy
GATE 2020 Application Fee
The important step is finally on screen because after filling application form final step comes on payment of application fee. Everyone should ensure that this phase you need to be done through online mode by using debit or credit cards. In below table can see what application amount for the respective category is.
- The application fee is payable only through online mode by using net banking services
- Once you paid amount then it will be non-refundable
|Exam Center in India|
|SC/ST/PWD/Female Candidates||750 rupees|
|For Examination centers in outside from nation|
|Addis, Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||The US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||The US $100|
GATE 2020 Application Correction
There is a correction facility is available for change in the examination center only. Candidates make sure to be careful while filling details in the application form because there is no chance to have changes in them as well. In the right to examine authority, there is not any possibility to have a modification in submitted details.
- The correction fee will be charged 400 rupees
- Till last year facility is available for modifying gender, category and PwD status with 750 correction fee
GATE Eligibility Criteria
The nationality, age limit, and course wise require education qualification comes in the available section.
Nationality– Candidate from India & outside candidates are eligible to apply for this examination
Age Criteria– There will be no age boundation so apply freedom is have to all age groups
|Course||About qualification||Candidates eligible||Year of passing|
|B. Tech/BE/B. Pharm||4 years of bachelor degree holders in engineering/technology after senior secondary
BSC/Diploma in Engineering/Technology
|Final year or passed candidates eligible to apply||–|
|B. Arch||Architecture degree holders (5 years)||Final year or passed candidates eligible to apply||–|
|B. Sc (Research)/BSC||After post-diploma completed BSC degree
4-year science bachelor degree after 12th
|Last year candidates completed ones are eligible to apply||–|
|MSC/MA/MCA or equal||Science/Mathematics/Statics/Computer Applications master’s degree||Final year students and cleared ones are eligible||–|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech (BSC post-graduation)||BSC Integrated master’s degree program or dual degree program in engineering/technology||2nd 3rd 4th-year students or cleared candidates eligible for apply||2021|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5 year integrated masters qualification or dual degree program in engineering/technology||5th/4th year students and completed ones are already eligible||2020|
|Integrated MSC/Integrated BS-MS||Integrated MSC or 5 years Integrated BS-MS program BE/B. Tech/B. Arch equivalent||Final year or completed ones||–|
|Professional Society Examinations (such as BE/B. Tech/ B. Arch)||Degree in professional societies recognized from AICTE/MHRD/UPSC||Completed section A or equal of such professional||Not applicable|
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
Now after knowing about application and eligibility time to get some sense for examination in available order, we would like to share with everyone the GATE Exam 2020 Pattern. This is important to know that what will be a subject-wise paper pattern were we going to groom them according their marks role. You can do one more thing to get some sense about which topic is important from where most of the questions they asked it solves last year’s papers. The below points we listed to ensure such exam pattern for the coming examination. On exam, day paper is covered under detailed block so make sure accordingly perfection as well.
- Exam Mode: There is an only a computer-based examination
- Type of questions: Exam questions are available in numerical for where each question has multiple choice answers.
- Attempt: In a year one paper you can face
- Exam Session: This paper will be held in two sessions among them forenoon is (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) & afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
- We have three hours’ time duration to solve this examination
- Number of questions will be 65 total
- 100 marks of total paper
- General Aptitude section is common in all GATE Papers
|Sections||Question & Marks||Total Questions||Marks|
|General Aptitude (GP)||Five questions for one mark each and five questions for 2 marks each of them||10||15|
|Question papers other than GG, XE & XL||25 question for 1 mark each and 30 questions for 2 marks each one||55||85|
Question paper Geography & Geophysics
|Part A (Mandatory)||Part B||
|25 questions are available and each one is for 1 mark||Section 1 (Geology) & Section 2 (Geophysics) (anyone attempt)
30 questions each one for 2 marks
XE paper for engineering sciences
|Section A Engineering Mathematics (Mandatory)||Sections B to H: (Attempt Any Two)||55||85|
|7 Questions Carrying for one mark each & 4 questions carrying for 2 marks each||9 questions carrying for 1 mark each & 13 questions carrying for 2 marks each|
|XL Paper for Life sciences courses||Section P Chemistry (Mandatory)||Section Q to U: (attempt any one of two)||
|5 total questions one mark for everyone and 10 questions 2 marks for each one||10 questions for one mark each one and 10 questions for 2 marks each one|
GATE 2020 Syllabus
Here are such topics we need to cover before the examination. In available order should keep ensure details about that and start work upon it because it takes time in the declaration. There is such thing that according to papers us going to attempt for this examination so make sure through below field wise exam material. You have enough time to maintain good command on GATE Syllabus 2020.
|General Aptitude||GA||Verbal & Numerical Ability|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Engineering Mathematics, Flight Mechanics, Space Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Engineering Mathematics, Farm Machinery, Farm Power, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering|
|Architectural & planning||AR||Architecture & Design, Building Materials, Construction & Management, Building & structure, Environment Planning & Design, etc.|
|Biotechnology||BT||Engineering Mathematics, General Biotechnology, Recombination DNA Technology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, etc.|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Engineering, Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Engineering Mathematics, Process Calculations & Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.|
|Computer science and Information Technology||CS||Engineering Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization & Architecture, Programming & data structure, etc.|
|Chemistry||CY||Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC||Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Signals & Systems, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, etc.|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Engineering Mathematics, Electric Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Signals & Systems, Electrical Machines, etc.|
|Ecology & Evolution||EY||Ecology, Evolution, Mathematics & Quantitative Ecology, Behavioral Ecology, etc.|
|Geology & Geophysics||GG||Common Section (Earth & Planetary system, weathering, and soil formation, etc.), Geology & Geophysics.|
|Instrumentation Engineering||IN||Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Circuits, Signals & Systems, Control Systems, etc.|
|Mathematics||MA||Linear Algebra, Complex analysis, Real analysis, Algebra, Functional analysis, Numerical analysis, etc.|
|Mechanical Engineering||ME||Engineering mathematics, applied mechanics and design, fluid mechanics and thermal sciences etc.|
|Mining Engineering||MN||Engineering mathematics, Thermodynamics & Rate Processes, Extractive Metallurgy etc.|
|Petroleum Engineering (PE)||PE||Linear Algebra, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Oil & Gas, Well Testing etc.|
|Physics||PH||Mathematical Physics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Thermodynamics, and statistical physics, etc.|
|Production & Industrial Engineering||PI||Engineering Mathematics, General Engineering, Manufacturing Processes I, Quality and Reliability, etc.|
GATE Preparation Tips
You have to take a review of last year, successful candidates, to begin your preparation task accordingly. Make sure that a proper time table where subject wise study schedule maintenance is required. Candidates would be assured that you have available time so make sure to be using it as possible in the study because GATE 2020 is one of the toughest examinations. You have a standard study schedule by following below suggestion.
- The tips & tricks we like to share with everyone
- You needed to be well understanding on basics of all topics, examination pattern and syllabus as well
- Make sure to solve last year questions papers & solved papers
- Choose the best study scheme including famous writer books to use for study
- Make sure to give most of the time in study as possible
- You can join online mock tests series and try to gain more marks after each examination
GATE 2020 Admit Card
In this order regarding examination, we like to keep everyone close with admit card importance. On exam day official members will check your document before gives permission to attend the exam. Every single applier by their mail id and password details can access GATE Admit Card 2020 so have some sense as follows.
- The online mode only options to get admit card
- You have to enter registration id/email address and password details before getting it
- For randomly selected candidates they take biometric information
- Keep valid ID proof on exam day with admit card
GATE 2020 Answer key
The paper solution is declared after some days from the examination. In available order, we like to say declaration words on it after hearing official news about it. It will be available on GATE official website so make sure the tendency there in declaration days. According to papers, it will be released on different days.
GATE 2020 Result
The prospection comes to the corner when results will be shared. After that, we have our scorecard on the basis of that get called for counseling. To access GATE Result 2020 make sure to have registration id and password details as well. The declaration is an important day because we work harder and according to a performance close to results as well.
- Only through online mode results will shared
- Such details need to enter first like enrollment/registration number
- Don’t be hopeful to access this declaration through any other mode
GATE 2020 Score Card
The candidates officially qualified this national level examination only for the scorecard will be made. It will come after the result declaration so be alert because at the time of counseling need to provide this with documents.
- From result date GATE Score Card 2020 valid for three years
- After the last date needed to have its soft copy, it takes charge of 500 rupees.
GATE 2020 Cut off
The marks are mandatory to clear this examination at the basic level is called qualifying marks. This order we to share with you such details for GATE cut off marks 2020 through the below table. They like to share qualifying marks on the basis of the previous result status for this year will be updated after the result comes.
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||44.3||39.8||29.5|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||32.87||29||21|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||28.7||25.8||19.1|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||25.2||25.2||16.7|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC)||25||22.5||16.6|
|Computer Science & Information technology (CS)||25||22.5||16.6|
GATE 2020 Counselling
- Authority will not facilitate to organize centralized admission for PG courses
- A separate choice is to require to fill by candidates for IIT
- CCMT is for Central Counselling for M.Tech/M. Arch/M. Plan admissions) will be conducted for admission to NITs and several other centrally funded institutions.
- April 2020 through online mode GATE Counselling will starts
- According to your choice fill during counseling colleges & courses
- On the basis of your rank, seat availability category possible for seat allotment.