Driving without a driving license can be dangerous and is illegal too. This is a document that permits the one to legally drive the vehicle on roads. Regional Transport Authority in India responsible for providing a driving license to all the eligible candidates. A driving license in Rajasthan can be also used as ID Proof and to operate a vehicle. This article is all about the to the How to Apply for Driving License in Rajasthan and considered all the details like required documents and fees.
Types of Driving Licence
First We should know about the type of driving license in India. See the list of licenses and apply as per your need.
There are four types of driving licences:
- Driving license for without gear motor vehicle- A person is eligible for a driving license without gear motor vehicle has to be above the age of 16 years. Motor vehicles without gear include scooters, mopeds, etc
- Driving license for a light motor vehicle- A person who is eligible for a light motor vehicle has to be adobe at the age of 18 years. Light motor vehicles include cars, bikes, etc.
- Driving license for transport vehicle- A person is eligible for a transport vehicle has to be above the age of 20 years and a person should have finished schooling till 8th standard. Transport vehicles include lorry, truck, trailer, etc.
- Driving license for commercial vehicle- A person is eligible for the commercial vehicle has to be above the age of 20 years and a person should have finished schooling till 8th standard. Commercial vehicles include passenger buses, jeeps, vans, etc.
Note: It is necessary for everyone to clear the learner’s licence before applying for any further license
Documents required for Driving Licence in Rajasthan
Following documents are required to be submitted while applying for Driving Licence in Rajasthan:
- Passport size photographs
- Payslip issued by a state or central government
- Original learner’s license
- Application form 4
- Educational certificate/ birth certificate/ passport as age proof( any one of them)
- Ration card/ voter’s ID/ passport/ LIC policy bond as an address proof (any one of them)
- How to apply for Driving Licence in Rajasthan
- For our convenience, as everything is available online these days, an applicant can
- apply online or the RTO office in Rajasthan.
- To apply online
- Visit https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Click on online services
- Select driving license related services
- Enter the name of the state-Rajasthan
- Fill the form
- Upload documents, photo and signature online
- Make the application fee payment online
- Book a driving license test slot
- Appear for the DL test on the selected date and time
- On passing the test, the DL will be issued to the applicant.
- ( if the applicant is unable to complete the application process online, then he/she has to visit the RTO and the same process offline.)
To apply offline
- Visit the nearest RTO office.
- Obtain the application form
- Fill the application form with appropriate details
- Submit the form with the above-specified documents
- Pay the application fees
- Schedule a DL test for obtaining a driving license
- If the applicant passes the test, the DL will be delivered to his doorstep.
Fees for Driving License Application in Rajasthan
Fees related you should check at the RTO’s official Website and can enquire from the RTO’s official as well. Be aware of the Agents and do give any money to them. Directly visit the RTO and apply for your driving license.
Questions and Answers on it
Frequently asked and most possible asked questions and answers on it will be listed here soon. Team OID is working on it. In Case you also have any kind of queries on it then please write us through comments. We will get you back as soon as possible.