SSC has been issued a notification regarding CGL recruitment 2022. A number of candidates applied for it. Candidates who applied for it have to appear in tier 1 exams. For batter preparation, Candidates should have a look at below SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus and Exams Pattern 2022.
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exams Pattern|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||25||50|
- The total time duration will 60 minutes only.
- There will be negative marking in SSC CGL 2022 Tier 1 Exam. 1/2 marks will be deducted for every wrong question attempt by candidates.
- The exam duration will be 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped and suffering from Cerebral Palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus in Details.
This section is considered to be one of the high-scoring sections of the SSC CGL Exam. It aims at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him/them and its application to society. Questions from current affairs taking place around the world and in India will also be a part of this section. Below are the major topics covered in the SSC CGL Tier-I exam under the General Awareness Section:
- History: Facts about Harappa Civilization; Vedic culture; Name of the Kings who built important ancient Temples and Institutions like Nalanda; Chronology of Medieval India and their important systems; India’s freedom movement and their leaders.
- Geography: India and its neighboring countries; Famous Seaport and Airport and their location; the important institutions of the world and India and their locations like BRICS, World Bank, IMF, and RBI, etc.
- Economy: Terminology of Budget (like National Income, GDP, Fiscal Deficit and many more); Five Year Plan and its importance; Famous persons in the economy; Institutions and their importance like RBI, SEBI, etc.
- Biology: Important Inventions and their inventor; Important and Interesting facts about human body parts; Nutrition in Animals and Plants; Diseases and their causes like Bacteria; Viruses and Protozoa; Last four chapters of NCERT of Class 12th for the environment.
- Polity: Supreme Court; Meaning of Write; Election of President and his functions; Important constitution bodies like CAG; Facts about parliament; Fundamental Duties; Governor and his functions; State legislature; Major Constitutional amendments and their importance; Official Language; Emergency Provisions; National political parties and their symbols.
- Chemistry: Chemical Properties of Substance and their uses; SI units; Chemical Name of Important substances like Plaster of Paris etc.; Chemical Change and Physical Change; Properties of Gases; Surface Chemistry; Chemistry in Everyday Life.
- Physics: Important inventions and their inventor; S.I. units; Motion; Sound; light; Wave; Energy; Electricity.
- Computer: Development of computers; Input and output devices; Memory.
- Miscellaneous: Population Census; Important books and their writers; First sports achievement for India and the world like first Olympics, first Asian Games, etc.; State Animals and Symbols; Awards and their importance; Name of the Scientist who got Noble prize for important discoveries.
English Language and Comprehension
This section tests the candidates’ ability to understand correct grammar usage, vocabulary usage, and basic comprehension skills. Here is the list of topics covered in the English Language and Comprehension Section of the SSC CGL Tier-I Exam:
- One Word Substitution
- Sentence Completion
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence improvement
- Idioms & Phrases
- Spelling Test
- Reading comprehension
Normally, the questions asked in this section are direct and quite easy. Therefore, candidates can score really well in this section. This section is important in both, Tier-I and Tier-II, levels of the SSC CGL 2022 Exam.
- Number System
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Fractions and Decimals
- Circle and its chords, tangents
- Angles subtended by chords of a circle
- Ratio & Proportion
- Common tangents to two or more circles
- Square roots
- Regular Polygons
- Profit and Loss
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone
- Partnership Business
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Mixture and Alligation
- Sphere & Hemispheres
- Time and distance
- Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Time & Work
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Standard Identities
- Complementary Angles
- Bar diagram & Pie chart
- Heights and Distances
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers
- Frequency polygon
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Figural Classification
- Similarities and Differences
- Semantic Series
- Space visualization
- Number Series
- Spatial orientation
- Figural Series
- Problem solving & Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Judgment & Decision making
- Word Building
- Visual memory
- Numerical Operations
- Discrimination & observation
- Symbolic Operations
- Relationship concepts
- Embedded Figures
- Arithmetical Reasoning and figural classification
- Space Orientation & Visualization
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Venn Diagrams
- Non-verbal series
- Drawing inferences
- Coding and Decoding
- Punched hole/ pattern–folding & Unfolding
- Statement conclusion
- Figural pattern–folding and completion
- Syllogistic reasoning
- Critical thinking
- Semantic Analogy
- Address matching
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy
- Date & city matching
- Figural Analogy
- Classification of center codes/ roll numbers
- Semantic Classification
- Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Decoding and classification
Changes in SSC CGL Syllabus and Exam can be checked at the official website of SSC.
Questions and Answers
Q&As will be updated soon here
We hope that the above-provided details are helpful for you. If you have any queries and questions regarding the SSC CGL syllabus and exams pattern, Please write us through comments. Team OID will respond to you soon.
स्कूल बोर्ड यूनिवर्सिटीज के परीक्षा फॉर्म, टाइम टेबल, एडमिट कार्ड, परिणाम, पुनर्मूल्यांकन और साथ ही नई सरकारी नौकरियों पर नए अपडेट प्राप्त करने के लिए छात्र हमारे YouTube चैनल को सब्सक्राइब कर सकते हैं- चैनल पर जाने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करे