Territorial Army Eligibility Criteria and Selection process can be checked here on this page. Team OID has listed here all the details about the Eligibility Criteria and Selection Process for the TA Army. As we know that Candidates are invited to apply for the employed Ex Armed Forces Commissioned Officers to serve this nation as Territorial Army Officers (Non-Departmental). Basically, the TA army is the platform for you to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice your primary professions. Candidates who are going to apply for Territorial Army Recruitment must check its eligibility criteria and selection process from the official notification or Scroll down for more details on it.
TA Army Eligibility criteria with age limit, education qualification, and other detail will be listed on the official notificoant as well for you are going to apply. So please read the entire notification carefully before you apply online.
Territorial Army Eligibility Criteria
If you are eligible and have all the Territorial Army Eligibility Criteria, Then You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences. On this Page, Team OID always tries to provide all the updates on the Subject.
Age Limit for Territorial Army
TA Army age limit is 18 year (Min) to 42 years (Max).
Age Relaxation (आयु मे छूट)
Upper age limit relaxation may be given at the discretion of the Chief of the Army Staff to the following,
- Ex-officers, Ex-VCOs/JCOs and WOs (or their equivalent) of the three Services, The Indian Territorial Forces, State Forces, and the Auxiliary Forces
- Ex-serving JCOs of the Territorial Army
- Government officials and persons possessing technical and medical qualifications.
Please note that the age limit for the Territorial Army will be provided as per the Govt Rules. So please refer the official Notification for the Age Relaxation Details
Educational Qualifications for TA Army
- A candidate for the commission of a Non-Technical Arm i.e. infantry must hold a degree from a recognized university.
- A candidate for a commission in the Departmental Units must possess the following qualifications.
- For Railway Engineers (TA) – Must be a serving Gazetted Officer of the Indian Railways possessing appropriate qualifications required for different types of appointments.
- For IOC and ONGC (TA) – Must be serving Gazetted Officer in the concerned department possessing appropriate qualification required for different types of appointments.
- For ex-officers of the three services and ex-serving JCOs of the territorial Army, the minimum prescribed qualifications may be relaxed provided they have a creditable record of service is considered adequate by the Selection Board.
- The decision of Army Headquarters as to the eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
Candidate must either be:-
- A citizen of India,
- A subject of Nepal or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganika and Zanzibar) with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Please Note That Above Provided Eligibility Criteria for TA Army are just for your reference Purposes only. So Please have a look at the official Website for more details.
Physical Criteria for Territorial Army Recruitment
A candidate must be physically fit in all respects and be in the medical category S1H1A1P1E1.
That’s all on Territorial Army Eligibility Criteria 2021. In Case you still have any kind of questions on it then please feel free to ask us through comments. Team OID will get you back as soon as possible.