National Testing Agency (NTA) is going to conduct the University Grant Committee National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) of 2021. Application forms had been released on 2nd February 2021 for the December session. All the details regarding UGC NET 2021 like eligibility Criteria, Exam patterns, and Syllabus, and all the important dates are listed below.
The examination will be conducted for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) only. For June 2021 session, exams will start in March 2021, and for the December session 2021, and exam will start in September 2021. Qualified candidates who will clear the test will be eligible for the required post in universities and colleges of India. All the necessary information related to UGC NET 2021 like the application form, eligibility criteria, exam dates, etc. has been mentioned in the article below.
The given table will help the candidates to all the events related to UGC NET 2021:
|Online application starts on||2nd February 2021|
|Last date to apply online||2nd March 2021|
|Correction window||5th to 9th March 2021|
|Admit card will be released||March/ April 2021|
|Examination dates||2ndto 7th May, 10th to 12th May, 14th to 17th May 2021|
|Release Date of Answer key||May 2021|
|Result Announcement||June 2021|
Application Form Process for UGC NET 2021
Details regarding the application form of UGC NET 2021 are here.
- The application form is available Online.
- For June 2021, registration started in March 2020. For December 2021, registration started from 2nd February 2021.
- Valid Email ID and mobile number are necessary to get register for the application form.
- Correct personal and educational details will be needed for the application form.
- Correction in the application form can be made from 5th March 2021 for December 2021 session.
- All information and details will be sent by NTA to candidates’ registered Email ID and mobile number.
- Multiple submission of the application form by any candidate will be canceled.
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of signatures in sizes between 4KB to 30KB.
- Candidates have to upload passport size photograph in size between 10KB to 200KB.
- Photograph and signature must be in JPG or JPEG format only will be accepted.
- Correction in the application form can be only done once and will be provided through online.
- The examination center will be chosen by the candidate while filling the application form.
- No hard copy will be required to send to the authority.
- Candidates must have multiple print outs of the application form for further usage.
Points need to be kept in mind while filling UGC NET 2021 From online
- All academic certificates school, college, university, etc. for candidate’s name, parents’ name, Date of Birth(D.O.B)
- Documents like aadhar card, any Id proof (Bank a/c number/passport number/ration card/ other govt ID.)
- Academic mark sheets of 10th, 12th, qualifying degree certificate/last year mark sheet.
- Residential address
- Choices of 4 cities
- Subject code of NET
- Subject code at Post Graduation (PG) level
- Course code of PG
- Category certificate
- PwD certificate
- Valid Email ID & mobile number
- Passport size photographs
- Signature etc.
UGC NET 2021 Application Form fee:
- The application fee of UGC NET can be paid through online mode.
- Credit card/debit card/net-banking/payment is acceptable
- Fees as per categories:
- General – Rs. 1000/-
- General EWS/OBC_NCL – Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/PwD/Transgender – Rs. 250/-
Eligibility Criteria of UGC NET 2021:
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from any University or Institute recognized by the UGC. Higher Doctorate (D.degree) holder candidates are also eligible. Candidates appearing in the final semester in Master’s Degree will be also eligible.
- Percentage: Minimum 55% for unreserved categories and 50% for reserved categories respectively.
- 5% relaxation in marks will be given for Ph.D. holders.
- 5 years of relaxation in upper age will be provided to OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD, and women category.
- 3 years of relaxation will be provided to L.L.M Degree Holders.
How to apply for UGC NET online?
By Following the below-listed step-by-step process you may apply for the UGC NET 2021 online at the official Website. Candidates should avoid unofficial websites and not make any payment on the unofficial Website for the UGC NET 2021 Application form process.
- Go to the official link- click here
- Read the generated instructions carefully and then click on the ‘Proceed to Apply Online’ link.
- Get yourself register by filling in the general details like Name, Email ID, etc.
- After getting successfully registered, the candidate will get their login credentials on their registered email –id and mobile number.
- Now, fill the application form by providing their address, PIN code, selecting any 4 cities for examination venue, and course choices.
- Upload passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Select payment mode and submit the fee as per your category.
- A confirmation page will get generated.
- Take the printout of E- receipt & application form for further usage.
FAQ’s on it
Frequently asked questions and answers on it will be listed here soon. You may also share your queries with us through comments. Team OID will get you back as soon as possible.